Are you planning a wedding in Florida? We have 10 tips for you to consider when planning your south Florida wedding. You have picked one of the most beautiful states to say your I DO’s but, there are a few things we recommend. To see a few more tips for planning your perfect wedding check out our blog post here https://www.organicmomentsweddings.com/blog/bride-planning-perfect-wedding/
- Be aware of Hurricane season. The dates go from June to November and no one wants their wedding ruined by a hurricane.
- If you are trying to save money, south Florida has an off-season. Our “off-season” runs from the end of May to October. Snowbirds start heading down around Halloween and stay to Mother’s Day. Hotel’s will be less expensive during off-season. There will also be shorter waits at restaurants and less traffic.
- If you do plan a wedding for the summer, you might have some rain on your big day. Usually, in the summer, it rains every afternoon. The storms only last an hour or so but, it is very humid afterwards. We also make amazing images during and after the rain. On the other hand, in winter, the average temperature is around 72 degrees and you would be hard pressed to find a better place to get married.
- If this is a destination wedding put sun-tan lotion in the basket you leave at the hotel for your out-of-town guests. Make sure your bridal party puts sunblock on during the days leading up to you wedding.. Tan lines and looking like a lobster are not always the most appealing look. Also, when you ask your photographer on the wedding day, with a giggle, “Can you Photoshop the tan lines and sunburn?” Chances are you might get a dirty look or a big Photoshop bill. So save yourself and just put the sunblock on. Click here for our blog on planning your destination wedding. http://www.organicmomentsweddings.com/blog/planning-destination-wedding/
- Hydration. It might sound silly but, make sure you and your family and friends are drinking enough water. Dehydration in Florida is real. Very real.
- You should do your hair trial in Florida if at all possible. I don’t know about you but, our hair is much different in humidity. So do your hair trial where you wedding will be taking place so you can see the effects the humidity first hand.
- Go for that airbrushing on your wedding day. Your makeup will last so much longer! We have seen brides makeup melt off and it’s not pretty.
- Another thing to worry about is wind. Have a backup plan for where you want to do your “romantic pictures” on your wedding day. We have had a lot of brides hair destroyed by beach wind on their wedding day. Also, if your wedding dance floor is on the beach, don’t forget to get a tent as backup plan to protect from wind or rain.
- Our favorite tip: Do the day after shoot. Florida has beautiful photo ops (Vizcaya Museum + Gardens, the Bonnet house, Wynwood Art District, our beaches, Tree Tops Park and so many more). To see our top picks for your day after shoot click here https://www.organicmomentsweddings.com/blog/perfect-spots-for-engagement/ Enjoy your wedding day and do your romantic pictures before or after the wedding. This has become a trend in the wedding industry and we are loving it. You get to relax and take a boat load more romantic pictures in a few locations, if you choose, instead of being on a time crunch and rushing to get them done on your wedding day.
- Our final tip. Don’t get married in the summer, on the beach, at 3 in the afternoon. Your family and friends will be sweating to death, you most likely will be rained out and you will not get to enjoy your beautiful day the way you picture it. Go for the early morning or sunset if you must do it on the beach
Contact us here to book your wedding with Organic Moments Photography —> http://www.organicmomentsweddings.com/contact